Tuesday, May 15, 2012

DC's Burgers and more

Please know that it is a bit painful for me to write this review, when Michael picked up a midnight snack for us the other night, we had such high hopes, and they were completely dashed. We love DC's pizza, they have amazing, quality ingredients, and a unique menu, so we expected the same for DC's Burgers and more, we had seen promises of "local, quality ingredients," but after a few bites, we weren't convinced that is what we received. I'm a sucker for fish and chips, so when I saw "beer battered," I knew what I wanted Michael to bring home for me. I can forgive the soggy fries, after all, they did have a seven minute drive to cool off; what I cannot forgive is fish "filets" that are all the same size and shape. I told Michael I was sure the fish was pre-made and frozen, although he informed me that the uniformity of shape and size was not enough proof, I think I convinced him when I told him, they tasted exactly like the fish the hospital cafeteria serves (which, admittedly, isn't terrible, but I certainly am not paying $7.99 for three measly pieces of it). As I am griping about my late night "treat," I catch a glimpse of my husband's Ulti-meat burger, which is described as two hamburger patties, with a chicken breast in between, onion ring, bacon, cheese, fry sauce and pickles, and can't help, but notice that his chicken breast is, a chicken patty; I'm talking Tyson, elementary school cafeteria, formed meat, chicken patty, and for $11.99, you better believe we expected more than processed, and shaped chicken. As we were discussing DC's advertisements of quality, local products versus what we received, Michael said "this is almost too bad to be true, I feel like we got punked." We didn't feel this way because the food tasted terrible, or was undercooked, or even overcooked, but because the food was low quality and overpriced.


No comments:

Post a Comment